Archers’ Meadow Glamping
Birch Hill, The Cross, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LP
01691 622951 Glamping@ArchersMeadow.co.uk
We do not allow unaccompanied minors (i.e. aged under 18).
For safety reasons, we do not allow infants (2 years and under) in our ‘Meadow View’ pod because it is on a steep grassy bank. Our other pods are safer for small children.
We have a minimum stay of 2 nights, sometimes longer at peak periods such as Bank Holidays – this is shown as part of our online booking process.
Rates vary between high-season and low-season – please go through our online booking process to see the rate applicable to your holiday dates.
The rate is based on 2 people staying in a double bed. We can add beds for extra guests at a cost of £15 per night.
The following additional charges apply:
- £20 per stay for each animal if bringing a pet. We normally only allow one dog per pod – please see the section ‘Dogs and Other Animals’ below.
Payment, Refunds, Cancellations and Failure to Arrive
- A £50 deposit is payable at the time of booking. Once we confirm your booking, your deposit payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The balance of your pitch fee is payable via our online booking system 21 days before arrival. If online payment is a problem, please contact us for alternative payment methods.
- If guests opt to pay more than the £50 deposit and then cancel with more than 21 days’ notice before they were due to arrive, we will refund all except the value of the £50 deposit.
- Fees for holidays cancelled or curtailed with less than 21 days’ notice are not refundable or transferable.
- If you have paid us and WE are required to close our site due to a local Covid lockdown, we will refund you.
- If YOU are unable to travel here or need to leave early (for whatever reason including being required to self-isolate), there is no right to a refund or postponement, and that becomes a matter for your travel insurance.
- If you fail to arrive by midnight on the day that you are due, and we are unable to contact you, we will assume that you have cancelled your visit and will take steps to re-let your pod.
- Deposits are to protect us against cancellation and lost income. If we are able to re-let any of the nights that guests cancel, we refund pro-rata, less our banking costs. If you do need to cancel your booking please notify us as soon as possible so that we may re-offer the vacancy
Arrival & Departure
Check-in between 4pm – 10pm.
Call at the house on arrival. If we are not at home, our mobile phone numbers are beside the back door – please try ringing us, we might not be far away.
Depart before 10am to give us enough time to deep-clean the pod before our next guests arrive.
Dogs and Other Animals
We normally allow a maximum of 1 dog per pod and charge an additional £20 per stay for each pet. By prior arrangement, we might allow guests to bring a different animal or a second animal.
You are required to keep your animal under close control at all times and clean up after them. Animals are not to be left unattended.
Broadband is hard-wired to each pod, with Wi-Fi inside each pod. We make no charge for the use of our Wi-Fi, but as we are in a rural area, we cannot guarantee the speed or stability of the internet signal.
Smoking & Fires
Smoking & naked flames are not allowed inside the pods. Each pod is fitted with a Smoke Alarm and a Carbon Monoxide Alarm.
We can provide an outdoor fire pit on request, together with a generous starter-pack of firewood. Additional wood is available for purchase. Guests are not to bring their own firewood.
If you wish to bring more than one car, please arrange this with us in advance. We will require the registration numbers of the additional cars so that we know “who’s who” on site. We do not allow the charging of electric cars.
The site is to be quiet after 10pm. It is not suitable for parties or events.
No flying kites, drones, model aircraft etc.
No noisy fireworks, aerial fireworks or flying lanterns.
We reserve the right to refuse acceptance or to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct, or that of their animals, is detrimental to us or to our other visitors.
Special Needs or Disabilities
There are 3 steps from ground level to the decking in front of the pod. Thereafter, everything in the pod is on the same level.
We will do our best to accommodate special needs or disabilities. Please explain your needs at the time of booking in case we need to make special arrangements.
We sometimes take photographs of the site for our social media pages or website. Please let us know if you would prefer that we don’t include you.
Our website and its components are offered for informational purposes only; we shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via this site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
We reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time as we see fit and your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms.